Time to upgrade again - SCHLIX CMS v2.2.5 has been released with support for OAUTH2-based email authentication
SCHLIX CMS v2.2.5 has been released and it has a new feature: support for SMTP authentication with OAUTH2, which is needed if you use SMTP servers of Google Workspace/GSuite or Outlook.com/Office365. You can read more about how to set it up in here: https://www.schlix.com/documentation/v2/configuration/using-gmail-as-the-default-smtp-server.html. Other than this feature, the new version also contains many updates including:
- New constant SCHLIX_DEFAULT_CA_BUNDLE containing the path location /system/libs/data/ca-bundle/ca-bundle.pem, which is the most up-to-date certificate authority bundle file in the current release. This is necessary as the default file location varies among different operating systems. This is also needed for some of the shipping & payment plugins of Shoperatus.
- Support for Samesite Cookie = None for different browsers
- A more descriptive error for session timeout for AJAX requests
- Fixed: SMTP settings error when changing the SSL option in Site Manager
- Fixed: Initial menu base path settings
- Updated - CKEditor 4.11 to 4.15
- Updated - Bootstrap 4.3.1 to 4.5.2
- Updated - TinyMCE 4.9.2 to 4.9.8
- Updated - CodeMirror 5.25 to 5.57
- Updated - PHPMailer 6.1.4 to 6.1.7
- Updated - Fontawesome Free 5.11.2 to 5.15.1
Screenshot of the SMTP OAuth test:
To upgrade your existing installation, simply click Settings - System Update.