SCHLIX CMS 2.1.5-4 (build #4) has been released to fix the bug in system updater for non-CURL based system as well as typos on the table names in the installation.
SCHLIX CMS 2.1.5 has been released today with new features: JSON Feed (in 'blog' application) and Open Search (in 'search' application). JSON Feed was recently created by Brent Simmons and Manton Reece and we want to encourage the adoption of JSON Feed, since it is lighter than RSS. OpenSearch XML was also added to the search application. We have also added the JSON feed link to the two sample themes included in the release.
Other than the two new features, most other changes in this release have been focused on bug fixed on Windows/Apache/PHP (IIS/PHP have always been okay). Apparently there have been some issues for development under Windows using WAMP Server and EasyPHP. This is due to the default thread stack size in the default Apache settings if you use mpm_winnt_module. We have issued a workaround specifically for development servers in Windows using WAMP Server and Easy PHP. IIS/PHP/MySQL stack, Linux and OS X stacks are not affected.
SCHLIX CMS 2.1.4-2 (build #2) has been released to fix the bug when creating a menu item from an item inside a subcategory.
Back in January, we announced our plan for the first half of 2017. 5 out of 6 have been completed. We have to postpone the development of integrated market application until January 2018. The following is our updated road map:
July - December 2017
- New extension: e-commerce (full shopping cart). We should have this completed before the end of December 2017.
- New extension: forum (das Forum). Currently, we are already using this forum extension and it will be released publicly before the end of December 2017.
- Update to the official Jäsenlehti Newsletters extension to include additional features such as bounce checker, analytics, and click tracking.
- A concrete example of backend admin theme where you can customize the logo (this is intended for web development agencies as well as freelance web developers).
- More extensions that can help you with your SEO (search engine friendly). e.g. Open Graph.
January - June 2018
- Translation for the following languages: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Indonesian.
- Integrated market app where you can install/uninstall extension automatically.
- More integration with cloud based services
- More themes
July - December 2018
- More to be announced.
As per our previous post, we have released Jäsenlehti Newsletters. Despite its BETA status (not final release), the extension is fully functional and has already been used with one of our clients. We will make an update anytime between November or December 2017 to add the following:
- Export express consent records
- Bounce checker
- Click tracking
An update has also been made to Plugin Creator. You can now create sub-applications. A sub-application is an application inside the main SCHLIX CMS Application. As you can see in the screenshot above, the "Subscribers" sub-application within Newsletters. Please note that you must first save the application in Plugin Creator first before you can create a sub-application.
SCHLIX CMS 2.1.4 has been released today. The following is the list of changes:
If you change the Main application for the frontpage settings (from the main administration page » Global System Configuration), the application will now appear above Web Pages (the default frontend application). Prior to v2.1.4, you have to click Applications and select it from there regardless of its status as the main application for the frontpage.
As you can see below, now Landing Pages is shown above Web Pages.
There is also a new option visible in the installation to allow you to enable SSL by default, especially since some hosting control panel have the option to offer Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for free. Previously, this setting has to be edited by hand after the installation.
The other option is to make the domain name accessible with and without www. (Please note that the host name below is a local host and not connected to the internet, so the option does not make a difference). In production environment, you are recommended to check this option by default. Previously, you have to add the www. manually to to multisite-config.inc.php (unless the multi-site is disabled and a wildcard is specified in that file) and it will return a white screen with the following error message: There is no website configured at this address.
Other than that, there is a bugfix for TinyMCE where upon closing the source editor (CodeMirror), it will add an empty paragraph tag (<p> </p>) at the top. We have now set as the default option to set force_p_newlines value to TRUE and forced_root_block to FALSE and these options can no longer be changed.
We have released SCHLIX CMS v2.1.3-4 (build #4) to fix a bug in the user registration process where the email was not queued properly.
Since this release (v2.1.3 ~ build #1 and #2) was tested mainly was PHP7 and PHP5.6, apparently there were some stuff that were incompatible with the older version of PHP5.5.
We have fixed this issue and released build #3 for SCHLIX CMS v2.1.3.
SCHLIX CMS v2.1.3 has been released. This is a maintenance release and an upgrade to this version is required before the upcoming Newsletters application can be used.
- Fixed: Email template will send nothing if there's no variable declared
- Fixed: Email queue gets another field for more accurate hourly mail calculation
- Fixed: CRON scheduler not recognizing available static methods in subsite directory, only system
- Fixed: CodeMirror CSS directory was incorrectly named as themes
- Fixed: After installation, set all directory as user-writable
- Updated: TinyMCE to v4.6.4
As mentioned in late January, we were planning on developing Newsletters extension (type: both application and block) for SCHLIX CMS. This plan is about to materialize before the end of June 2017 and this will be the largest SCHLIX CMS extension as of this year.
Some features that will soon be available by the end of June:
- Fully logged subscribe, unsubscribe and email change requests.
- All express consent are retained indefinitely to meet CAN-SPAM Act and CASL (Canada's anti-spam legislation) requirements.
- Custom fields
- Import from PHPList
This is a fully functional extension and it is capable of handling 100,000 users and even more. This extension is also a proof of concept about how to develop a complex application in SCHLIX CMS. We are currently performing additional testing before releasing it at the end of June 2017.
Here's some more screenshot of the Newsletters extension:
Disclaimer: please note that while we strive for this Newsletters extension to be compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act as well as CASL (Canada's anti-spam legislation), it is your organization's responsibility to ensure that you meet the requirement (e.g. retention of CASL consent record, etc).