System requirement changes
- The minimum required version of PHP is now 5.6+ as of v2.2.x series
- mod_rewrite is now required by default and no longer optional
- multi-byte string is required
You can now choose which WYSIWYG editor you like instead of just TinyMCE. CKEditor is also included as an option
Font Awesome, Open Sans, and Source Sans Pro are now included by default
Better email queuing system
Email is now stored in the filesystem instead of in the database for better performace
PHPMailer has now been upgraded
Logging now captures the hostname instead of just IP addresses
Password reset request is now logged
Customizable text for login, signup, change password
The app 'Template' is now called 'Theme' to make it easier to distinguish between page template and theme
The app 'Filter' is now called 'Macro'
EU cookie block is now included by default but not activated. You can enable it if you need to comply with the directive
There is a built-in composer integration (web-based only, no command line interface).
- SameSite Cookie updated with new standards as of v2.2.5
- CA (Certificate Authority) Bundle is now included by default as of v2.2.5
- MySQL 8.0.22 compatibility issue has been resolved as of v2.2.5-3 (errata #3) released in November 10, 2020.
Breaking changes (functionality, data structure, API)
|New class name||Old class name||Notes|
|SCHLIX\cmsPageOutput||-||Replaces displayBlock, displaySingleBlock, displayPage, etc|